MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL
THURSDAY December 18, 2014, 7:00 P.M.
Discussion and possible action on all items
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
3. ROLL CALL- Marks, Knox, Bragstad, Brown, Swift present
APPROVAL OF AGENDA Brown moved, 2nd by Bragstad, approved unanimously
4. CONSENT AGENDA – Minutes of November 20, 2014 meeting, Financial Statements – Brown moved, 2nd by Knox, approved unanimously
5. DESIGN REVIEW – Update on Museum steps – Brown reported there are 18 points for bids to meet so there will be no confusion. Susan Bragstad provided engineered drawings covering top step, stairs and landing, contractor to try to reuse as much material as possible and to match existing look of sidewalk, 2” redwood treds for steps and galvanized pipe hand rail. Ray Brusatori commented. Knox moved Marks 2nd to send out invitations for bids. Approved unanimously.
6. PUBLIC MATTERS NOT ON THE AGENDA – Treasurer Janet Spencer reported that approximately $700,000 is outstanding in reimbursements due the City for bridge construction. Susan Bragstad will follow up on Short Circuit and street lights.
7. PUBLIC HEARINGS
a. R-1 Zoning complaint on the below listed properties, filed by Dennis Buscher
APN 008-321-001 – Wright property – Amador Creek road
APN 008-294-010 – O’Neill property – Pig Turd Alley
APN 008-286-001 – Bissell property – East School Street (to be discussed at Jan. 2015 meeting)
APN 008-301-007 – Reddick property – God’s Hill - Busher, Farmer and O’Neill spoke on issue of conditional use permit. Bragstad moved that Conditional Use Permits be issued, at no cost to owner, on above four properties upon application by owner so that the property may be used as they are presently being used. Brown 2nd. Approved unanimously.
b. R-1 Zoning complaint on below listed property, filed by Michael Vasquez
APN 008-301-007 - Reddick property – God’s Hill – See Item 7. For action taken.
c. Request from Ray Brusatori to include Fund designation on disbursement page of Financial Statement. Clerk will provide Hand written check log and warrant request form to council and public. Brusatori disagreed with allocation of one disbursement. Brown, Knox, Bragstad and Nixon agreed with clerk’s designation.
8. Committee Reports – Terry Coulter had aerator motor repaired at cost of $1,000, to be taken out of capital improvement fund. ARSA – Ione wans huge fees for secondary treatment of waste water. Ranchers want it for irrigation. ACTC approved regional plan and plans for Highway 88. LAFCO – approved eight spheres of influence, water district for Drytown. Tim Knox and Tim Murphy are city members of LAFCO.
9. City Clerk Report – None
10. Meeting adjourned